Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We are fearfully and wonderfully made

"What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form, in moving, how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals!"

Hamlet, Act II, scene ii

God's handiwork can indeed be witnessed in his ultimate creation: us. The systemic nature of God's entire creation is on display in the human anatomy. Our interactive functioning mirrors that of all creation. With that knowledge, it is puzzling to me how we miss this simple but critical truth about our existence with regard to our day-to-day decision making. How often do we ignore our interrelatedness and treat ourselves and others as isolated beings? What a difference it would make if we could truly see ourselves and our world as we are!

I'm going to attempt a series of entries over the next several days addressing this principle. I don't know how faithful I'll be, as I'm in the middle of a lot of personal and professional transition. I think this information is of the utmost importance, however, and I look forward to your feedback as I post my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment